What is ICSI?
It is the fertilization of an egg using a sperm inside a laboratory artificially . It is for people who have problems meeting the sperm and ovum naturally e.g. severe reduction in the sperm count and quality or severe erectile problems, female blocked tubes or hormonal problems not allowing an egg to come out each month.
How is ICSI done?
- The woman is thoroughly invested for ICSI preparation
- An ovarian stimulation protocol is custom tailored for her and started
- Her follicle number and size and uterine lining is monitored by ultrasound and hormone testing
- When follicles and uterine lining reach adequate size another medicine is added to induce ovulation
- At the hospital her follicles are aspirated using a special needle installed on the vaginal ultrasound.
- The eggs are then fertilized with the male sperm and left in a special incubator and are checked at a regularly to monitor the division of the cells.
- At a specific time embryos are replaced inside the uterus using special catheters and under supervision of ultrasound.
- The female is then asked to perform a pregnancy test after 14 days to know the results of her operation.
Dr. Ashraf Sabry , Fertility & OBGYN Consultant is the best ICSI specialist due to his use of latest medical recommendations and his experience through multiple years of work and meeting with hundreds of patients.s of patients. That in addition to working with centers that provide state of the art instruments.